Eyebrow Pencil Dupe!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I posted my new eyebrow routine a little over 2 weeks ago...it could be longer (the lord knows I'm all mixed up) and everyone was suggesting other products I should try. The main one was Maybelline's Define-A-Brow and it was a potential dupe (duplicate) of my new MAC Eyebrow Crayon in "Spike" ($14). I also saw a bunch of videos showing Anastasia's brow products and I remember I bought one a long time ago and it was garbage.

In order from top to bottom MAC, Maybelline, and Anastasia.

As you can clearly see the first two are the same! I was sooooo excited to find a real dupe thanks to my viewers. The last line was made after practically scrubbing the heck out of my hand. I don't know why I hung on to it. I should have returned it but I was being lazy, now I have a $25 dusty pencil.
They are not only the same color they are even built alike. They are similar to twist crayons I saw at the market the other day. You don't need very much product to fill in both eyebrows, so I will have more than enough to hook up all the busted eyebrows in my family lol.

The only thing I would change is the comb. I don't need it or use it unless I am trimming my brows. I really like the wand, its easier to use and blends the color at the same time.

I read a lot of comments saying the Define-A-Brow was too creamy. The one I have is in the shade "Dark Brown" and I think it is not creamy at all. I wouldn't say that is dry, its just the right consistency to fill in the brows without them looking to fake and harsh.
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
-Sonia

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Dye-A-Graham said...

I love the Define-A-Brow..I use it in Medium brown, it is perfect and smudge-free..and cheap! hahaha

Anonymous said...

enjoying that youve been updating your blog sonia! love reading it!

Unknown said...

youve definitely convinced me 2 buy it my eyebrows are looking wack right now..are you gonna be at imats? much love, eve
fizzonthemoon.blogspot.com

CarmenSays said...

love your blog! you're such a stunner :] new follower! xx

msREY said...

the anastasia brow whiz is waaay better than their perfect brow pencil....the brow whiz is more like the MAC crayon