Quite Cute MAC Collection - Nail Polish Dupe? Sister?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quite Cute

This collection reminds me of Easter. I'm not a fan of the purple lipstick / lip gloss. I don't understand ...who in their right mind would seriously wear it out and about other than working at a MAC counter or on the runway?

Here are a few pictures I took at the counter. I did not see too many people hanging around trying to get their hands on this collection. I didn't get much...but here is my haul.


I took a short trip to Santa Monica not to long ago and I got a sneak peek of the collection and I instantly fell in love with the purple polish. I don't have a powder purple so it was a must. The other two shades I'm sure I have a few of so I passed on them.


During the week I went to TARGET and I ran into this Essie shade.


"Nice is nice" - Essie / "Little girl type" - MAC Cosmetics

13.5 ml vs 10ml - Essie is not only cheaper $7.74 compared to MAC who retails at $14, but you also get more polish.
I should have flipped the picture below to keep Essie on the Left but its too late for that haha.

Here are a few comparisons of the two shades:
I think the Essie polish is slightly darker than the other. Not too much so I wouldn't say it wasn't a dupe, but maybe we should call it a sister polish lol.



Either way this shade is perfect for spring and will compliment all skin tones. I love it!


Did you pick up anything from the new collection?

................................

*Latina Kisses*

-Sonia

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

BrittanyCamryn said...

I actually wanted little girl type but didnt want to spend $14 on a nail polish so I ordered this on ebay the other day bc I thought it looked similar! thanks for the post now I see they are almost identical :)

Unknown said...

I love this collection, its some great for this spring and oh so cute! Thats funny that the colors are pretty much the same... :P well now I know I don't have to go to a MAC retailer just to get that color! :D Thanks!

YazmiinAktar said...

thanks for sharing! now i know which one to go for! :D

http://yazmiinaktar.blogspot.com/

x

Christine said...

I have bought 6 items from this collection. Im a huge fan of pastel colors so i really like this collection :)

Xoxo Christine
http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

Donna said...

I'm not sure if you used a topcoat at all (or if you used different topcoats) but from the pictures it looks like the Essie polish is actually a little shinier than the MAC one. After the swatches I like the Essie polish better anyways - thanks for the tip :)

Isela said...

I love this collection. The purple lipsticks are not as purple on, BTW they are SOLD OUT on line! The Candy yum-yum lipstick is extremely pink for me and playing Koi is extremely bright nude w orange tone (don't know how to describe it). I love Sakura blush it reminds me of Hang loose from the Summer collection last year (which I bought 3 of hang loose blush cuz I loved it so much). I wanted Mischievous Mint nail polish but didn't want to pay $14 so I went to CVS and I got Mint Sorbet for $3!!!

Tanya said...

Love this! Really good comparison they look nearly identical and LOVE the color <3

hurnrningbird.blogspot.com/

Isela said...

I forgot to mention that Mint Sorbet is from the Sally Hansen line 8-)

Anonymous said...

a other dupe is the opi rumple's wiggin'

Nova said...

Oh wow! You're right - they look almost exactly the same! Love your blog :)

Aventurera said...

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't so fond of this collection. It was kind of disappointing ...

Anonymous said...

are those both YOUR fingers??

Lucie said...

Amazing colours)