Sandy Boots - Round 2

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cut it up!
*This is the second time around doing this post, i accidentally deleted the whole thing and it auto saved the changes!! I was super upset be decided to try once more.
I love vintage t-shirts, and if you catch me at a thrift store, that is what I am usually on the hunt for.
This shirt was left behind during a recent move among a few others so I took out a pair of scissors and went to town with them.
All I do is cut the ring that is around the neckline and then stretch out the new whole that you made and ta-dah! A new off the shoulder shirt has been made. Depending how tight the top is, you might have to cut the neckline a little bigger. Have fun with it and send me some pictures of your newly reformed tops!
sccastaneda@gmail.com

...................................................................................................

Sandy Boots in Laguna Beach
Its not as dramatic as it is on TV, but it is beautiful and a cool place to hang out with your friends.
These pictures have not been enhanced, the green grass and the clear blue sky were amazing.
We found the hotel we were going to be hanging out at and walked across the street for a bite to eat and this was the view of the beach.
TACO LOCO - Very yummy and very over priced.
2 lobster tacos and a can of coconut juice = $22 USD

Those tacos didn't see what was coming, I took them down to china town lol.
After we fueled up...it was time to hit the beach!
Fortunately for us the beach was steps away from the hotel.
Note to the wise: Do not wear boots to the beach.
I didn't know we were going to be that close to the beach so I was unprepared.
After I got over the fact that I had boots on I hit the sand for a few pictures.

Carly and I
I quickly removed myself from the shore because the tide quickly picked up.
The last time I was at the beach I was with my little family.
The last time I was at this particular beach I was 6 months pregnant with Jude.
I am such a freak about the ocean, I have a nightmare at least once a week about a tidal wave killing me and everyone that I love. I have not seen the 2012 movie because I cried watching the trailer.
I am a chicken. I know
I was enjoying myself and this beautiful view but I couldn't wait to get back to my bunny. I wish he was with me, but he was spending time with his grand parents and they wanted to give me a break.
If you are a mommy, do you get like that too? Jude is a handful, but I miss him when hes gone.
*Latina Kisses*
-Sonia

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Veronica Glam said...

Despite the recent changes in your life, you look amazing! Keep strong :)

Ally said...

you're lucky that your parents watch your son. My parent's only watch my boys for a couple of hours but not much more. They feel that my husband and I should be the ones to take care of them, so they come along for everything we do. Most of the time is pg lol. We usually hang out with people with kids, and go to their house and hang out.

verag21 said...

those photos are amazing.. I can relate to just needing some "me" time even if it is 20 min in the bath or a night with friends.. I'm a single parent & I don't have family close by so they always request time with the kiddos when we do go home for a visit.. Oh about the 2010 movie I'm a total wuss and have not gathered the courage to watch it either.. =P Well mama keep doing what your doing, looking forward to your future videos..

GiGi said...

You look amazing and stronger each time I see a post.

When my kids were little, it was so hard, but every morning when I saw their faces, it was all worth it. My girls spent a lot of time with the grandparents. I always said if you get help take it!

m0chiii said...

pretty pix.. i will have to try that shirt trick sometime..

Latysha’s Way said...

ITS ONLY NATURAL TO FEEL THAT WAY..IM A FULL-TIME MOMMY SO SOMETIMES IM SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS SAYING I NEED A BREAK BUT WHEN I FINALLY GET THAT BREAK ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IT MY LIL MONSTER...HE COMPLETES ME :-)..ANYWAYS YOUR TRIP LOOKS NICE AND REALIZING AND SOMETIMES THATS ALL A MOTHER NEEDS TO RE-UP..LOL

TYSH

Lyricallyness said...

Loving the Blog Post. Your Hair Looks so cute! Are the ends Razored? Love it! I love Dark Hair, it so exotic and I prefer it to be Dark myself. Latina Love! I love to cut up Shirts myself, gives Tops that 80's Flare!! Love! Love! Love! Great post Honey!

PatriciaKBaby said...

I love you blog and i will definitely be cutting up some shirts . Never realized it was that simple LOL thanks. Great pictures.

HollyElise said...

Oh, I cried in the 2012 preview too!
And I live in Hawaii where the tsunami sirens go off every 1st of the month to test them :(
I think the ocean is beautiful and scary.

:) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Yes I understand you I have two kids. I feel the same way when I leave them for more then 1 hour.I think I'm getting better because I have realized I need me time even if it means 5 min. Thats great that jude's grandparents are helping, sometimes you need it. I don't have anybody but even though Im scared to leave them anyway. I think something might happen to them. There my life and I wouldn't change them for anything or one.

Jessica said...

Yea my son is 4 months and I can't wait to give him to my Mom to watch but as soon as I leave him, I want him back.

Anonymous said...

i love taco loco i go once a week at lease :)

Anonymous said...

can you please do a tutorial on how to rip a shirt =}

Anonymous said...

Where is your boyfriend?

Mimz said...

I always have the same dream.. maybe its a mexican fear of ours.. glad im not alone

Marisol said...

What Hotel did yu stay at if you can say? It looks cool if it is that close to the ocean :) , I am a mommy to 2 boys and I know every mommy needs a break :)

~Caro~ said...

You look gorgeous in those pics! I wonder what's that nail polish you are wearing in the cut-shirt pics?It's so metallike! ;)

~ Caro ~

Hal E. Liebling said...

Hey Sonia, I'm a new mom and have been loving your channel and blog!

My son is only 6 weeks old and I miss him like crazy when he's away. He is a HUGE handful with a temper, but when his "momo" takes him I get so depressed! She has him tonight, actually -- she wanted some time and my husband has been feeling a little neglected, lol. As soon as she drove off with him I got so down. So I think a lot of mommies are like that.

Your Jude is beautiful and you seem to be doing a wonderful job with him. I was raised by a single mom and so was my younger brother. He has grown into a lovely young man and my mom was always more than enough for the both of us, though I know it was hard for her to be alone. She still is alone. Hang in there and keep spending lots of time with your boy. You're a beautiful young woman and life won't be this hard forever. xoxo

Hal Liebling
HALCOHOLIC.com

AmorDeCyn said...

Is that metallic nail polish or glue on nails?